SEO Marketing Strategies for Finance Business
Learn some of the best SEO Marketing Strategies for Finance and Accounting Businesses in this video and blog!
My name is Mac Frederick and I used to work for Google. Over the past 6 years I have been running my own small business digital marketing agency helping other business owners with SEO, Paid Advertising, and more!
Information Going into this Financial Marketing Call
This video and outline focuses on a potential client who wanted to hire Momentum Digital to do their marketing. We made it to the final round but they decided to hire a bigger more established firm, which is okay. We learned a lot from each other and how we can help them grow. Marketing for financial companies can be difficult, but in this video I showcased some short-term vs long-term strategies to help them grow online and attract new business.
Here are some topics I covered:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Facebook Ads
- Content Marketing
- Backlinking & Domain Authority
Types of Marketing to Consider:
Here are some ideas to consider for potential marketing strategies if you have a financial firm or something similar.
- Building Brand Awareness
- Using video ads, events, social media and more.
- Search Ads (Text ads on Google & Search Partners)
- To show up at the top of Google to drive immediate traffic, clicks and potential clients (to a landing page).
- Search engine optimization creating citations, backlinking, content, on-page SEO, and more to rank higher online and locally.
- Social Media
- Creating high-quality engaging information to explain how you can helo other save and make more money.
Marketing Questions to Consider?
The first thing you need to understand is the how your business operates and who are the clients you service? Are you an investment firm, a bank, an accountant, or something else?
Questions to Ask?
- Who is your potential target market?
- Ages, demographics, interests, net worth, etc
- Where are your clients located?
- Locally, nationally, etc
- How do they make these financial decisions?
- Word of mouth, referrals, social media, consultants, searching online, etc
- Where can you get their attention?
- Introductions, referrals, Facebook, Google, YouTube, Billboard, TV, Print, Radio, etc
- What questions might they have about your services?
- Price, how it works, what to invest, etc
- How to convince new customers?
- What do they want to hear?
When asking yourself these questions you need to put yourself in their shoes. From there start doing some research on your target market, along with your top competitors. This will help lay the ground work for your marketing strategies for finance.
Different Types of Finance Marketing Campaigns?
Different digital marketing channels allow for different types of ads and targeting. Start reverse engineering your marketing and campaign opportunities.
Target Market Questions:
- Age and Gender
- Various Demographics
- Interests and Videos they like to watch
- Geographic location (where users located)
- Keywords people are searching for or watching
- Specific Videos and Channels
Then you can put together different types of campaigns that can be short-term (paid ads) versus long-term (organic).
- Google Search Ads
- Facebook & Instagram Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Email Campaigns
- Traditional Marketing Ads
- Hosting Events & Event Ads
- Organic Social Media growth and awareness
- Content creation and blogging
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
I’d suggest combining a short and long-term strategy together and projecting a budget and personnel you’ll need to accomplish this. Different ad campaigns have variable or set pricing. Creating different marketing strategies for finance companies can be a headache so I’d suggest talking to a professional marketer with experience in this industry.